Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant Celebrates Burgers This May
The annual burger-a-day menu is back and better than ever.
Photo courtesy of Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
Beginning on May 1, all Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant locations will kick off their annual Burger Month celebration, featuring a different premium burger for 31 days in honor of National Hamburger Month. All specialty burgers, available for lunch and dinner, will be priced at $14.50, and Iron Hill’s award-winning brewers suggest pairing one of their hand-crafted ales with each from-scratch burger.
In May 2012 Iron Hill director of culinary operations Kevin Davies conceived the idea while enjoying a juicy burger and cold beer on the riverfront patio at Iron Hill in Wilmington, Del. The restaurant has celebrated ever since by adding creative new twists and fresh ingredients to all-time classic burger combinations. Iron Hill’s culinary team looks forward to May every year, viewing it as a playful opportunity to flex their creativity, sometimes holding internal contests among chefs to name the burgers.
“Our signature Burger Month menu is our tribute to the great American hamburger, and a perfect way for our guests to satisfy their burger cravings any day during National Hamburger Month,” says Davies. “We hope they have as much fun eating these lively combinations as we did creating them.”
Get a glimpse at some of this year’s pairings:
- Three Little Pigs Burger with tomato-bacon jam, Applewood smoked bacon, bacon aioli and smoked gouda, paired with Pig Iron Porter (May 2)
- Hangover Burger with fried egg, bacon, sharp cheddar, sriracha aioli and crispy onion strings, paired with Ore House IPA (May 7)
- Louisiana Voodoo Burger with grilled Andouille sausage, tri-colored peppers and onions, smoked gouda and spicy voodoo barbecue sauce, paired with Vienna Red Lager (May 13)
- The Big Haas with mashed avocado, Monterey Jack, sriracha aioli, grilled red onions and ale-pickled peppers, paired with Mahalo, Apollo! (May 19)
- The Drunk Monk Burger with exotic mushrooms, Abbey Dubbel-braised onions, brie, truffle mayo and arugula, paired with White Iron Wit (May 31)