Learn How to Make Xolo Taco's La Que Pica Margarita
You can whip up one of the Lower Merion restaurant's signature cocktails at home.
For the infused tequila:
- 1 Bottle good Silver Tequila like Espolon or Cazadores
- 1 small cucumber cut in wheels
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2 serrano peppers sliced lengthwise
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- In a pitcher pour the tequila and add all the ingredients - let stand for at least 4 hours
- even better overnight.
For the Margarita:
- Mixing glass filled with ice
- 2 oz infused silver tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup or agave nectar or sugar
- On a plate pour sea salt and chile piquin (Tajin) and mix
- Rub the rim of the glass with a lime so the mixture sticks to the rim of the glass
- Mix margarita well and pour - garnish with a cucumber wheel
You can find more information on Xolo Tacos here.