Say Farewell to Summer With These 5 Fun Labor Day Events
Travis Scott and Cardi B headline Philadelphia’s Made in America festival, plus other festive options.
1. A Labor Day weekend staple since its debut, Philadelphia’s Made in America festival is expected to attract thousands to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway Aug. 31 and Sept. 1. This year’s headliners are Travis Scott and Cardi B. Visit madeinamericafest.com.
2. Raise a glass to the end of summer at the Chaddsford Winery Labor Day Jazz Festival. Running Aug. 31- Sept. 2 at the Chadds Ford vineyard, the event features live jazz, wine cocktails, beer, food trucks and plenty of Pennsylvania vintages for sipping. Visit www.chaddsford.com.
3. For more than 75 years, the Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show and Country Fair has been a Labor Day tradition for families. Held Aug. 31-Sept. 2, this year’s equestrian events will be combined with midway rides, bounce houses, vendors, food, live music and more. Visit ludwigshorseshow.com.
4. On Sept. 1, Longwood Gardens offers its “Night at the Movies II” Fireworks and Fountains Show, featuring songs from The Greatest Showman, Footloose and Slumdog Millionaire, among others. Visit longwoodgardens.org.
5. Before school kicks into gear, treat the kids to one last hurrah at the Sesame Place Labor Day Weekend Fireworks Display. The Sept. 1 show includes special appearances by Elmo, Cookie Monster and Count von Count. Visit sesameplace.com.