Come out for an afternoon of family fun at Historic Sugartown’s 4th Annual Shugart’s Sunday – BBQ & BLUES
Sunday, September 17, 2017
2 – 6 pm
In 1804, Eli Shugart opened his tavern in Willistown Township, Chester County, to serve weary travelers. He only stayed on two years, but the village became known as “Shugart’s Town.” He must have thrown a great party!
Historic Sugartown’s 4th Annual Shugart’s Sunday will be held on September 17th, from 2 – 6 pm. Bring your whole family to enjoy great food, local brews and spirits, the deep soul-filled rhythms and sounds of the blues, and family fun beneath the amazing backdrop of Historic Sugartown’s c. 1880 General Store and c. 1860 Worrall House.
New this year -- We’ve shaken up the music by switching from Bluegrass to Blues! Shugart’s Sunday – BBQ & Blues will feature The Dukes of Destiny, Philly’s longest lived and best loved blues and old school soul band. Also new, the Bridgeport Rib House will serve up their scrumptious barbeque. There will be sweet corn from Sugartown Strawberries and all kinds of homemade desserts. Shugart’s Tavern will once again serve our guests all kinds of cold beverages, from lemonade and iced tea, to wine and local brews, as well as whiskey tastings. Victory Brewing Company and Manatawny Still Works will return this year, and we’re delighted to welcome Malvern’s new Locust Lane Brewery. Enjoy a hayride to beautiful Willisbrook Farm and compete against your family and friends during our popular and hilarious sack races, three-legged races, and spoon races. Historic Sugartown’s c. 1880 General Store and Carriage Museum will be open during the event.
Shugart’s Sunday – BBQ & BLUES raises vital preservation funds to protect the historic village of Sugartown. Shugart’s Sunday Admission: $40 Adults; $12 Children ages 3 – 10 yrs (ages 0 -2 yrs – Free). To purchase tickets, visit HistoricSugartown.org or call 610-460-2667 by September 11th. Directions: Historic Sugartown is located at the corner of Sugartown, Spring and Boot Roads in Malvern. Event parking is located at 260 Spring Road.