Local Fashionistas: Cynthia Nemo
The Bryn Mawr interior designer and owner of Cynthia Brooks Design mixes tradition with eclectica for a chic, modern look.
• Personal style: “Mixing clean lines with something unexpected—like a funky necklace or an unusual top.”
• Favorite local boutiques: Skirt, Bryn Mawr; Menagerie, Wayne.
• Favorite department stores: Neiman Marcus, Target (“for the cheap thrills”).
• Style icon (past): Lauren Hutton.
• Style icon (present): Her aunt, Joan Baker. “She’s a photographer in Santa Fe. Everything she wears has a story.”
• Designers found most in her closet: Roberta Freymann, Diane von Furstenberg, Vanessa Fox, J. Crew, Manolo Blahnik, Theory.
• Biggest splurge: A Henry Beguelin bag.
• Favorite item in her closet: “A gold armband that was a 21st birthday present from my dad. I’ve worn it every day since.”
• Go-to color: Orange.
• Favorite fashion blogs: Habitually Chic, Goop, A Continuous Lean, Tomboy Style.
Jacket: Vanessa Fox, Bryn Mawr.