Try This: Bluebird Distilling’s Pumpkin Smash Cocktail Recipe
Swap your PSL for something a little stronger, thanks to this Phoenixville distiller.
Photo Courtesy of PUNCH Media.
As the air chills and the leaves change, cocktail enthusiasts will want to swap their light, fruity summer sips for more robust refreshments. This fall, imbibe in Bluebird Distilling’s creative take on everyone’s favorite gourd, which is sure to impress your friends with its rich, spiced piquancy.
- 1 ounce Bluebird Distilling Phoenixville Whiskey
- 1 ounce Allspice-Infused White Rye Whiskey
- 0.75 ounces Demerara Syrup*
- 0.5 ounces Lemon Juice
- 0.5 ounces Egg Whites
- 3 bar spoonfuls Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Mix
*If demerara syrup is not available, you can make your own by following this recipe:
Substitute Ingredients for Demerara Syrup
- 150 grams Brown/Cane Sugar
- 150 grams Water
Procedure to Make Demerara Syrup
- Add the sugar and water to a small saucepan.
- Dissolve the sugar over medium heat, just until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Procedure for the Pumpkin Smash Cocktail
- Add all ingredients, except the egg whites, and shake with ice. Then, strain the mixture to get rid of the ice. Combine the mixture and the egg whites and shake again, this time without ice. Bartenders call this technique a reverse dry shake, and it is used to ensure that the egg becomes light and frothy. Be careful not to shake for too long, or else the drink may become too foamy.
- Serve double-strained over fresh ice. Garnish with cinnamon.